Thursday 5 May 2011

Regrets I've had a few

It's funny I always tell people that it's better to regret the things you've done than to regret never having done them, well guess what I don't take my own advice, big surprise huh? Don't get me wrong I've done plenty of things to regret oh and I mean some really big stuff too but there are so many things so many things that I haven't done for me that I regret I guess it's down to fear of rejection, fear of failing, complacency or just plain old laziness the thing is I haven't done them.
So how do I change that at this stage in my life? Is it too late or is it never too late? How does one get over those fears that hold them back? So many questions so so so many questions my head just might explode! Well not literally but you know what I mean.
What is it they say "just take the bull by the horns!" well I was never very good with animals and that sounds bloody dangerous to me so I think I need to make a list and just try and go for it, one of my never done regrets is writing I have always wanted to write a book and I've had so many ideas and started so many times but I've just lost the confidence along the way and thought who want to read this anyway but maybe I just need to do it even if no one ever reads it at least I can say it's a regret that I had the courage to do!

2 comments:

  1. Good for you! I've tried so many times to write a book, but just ran out of ideas. What are you writing about?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey there, Thats kind of my problem I have so many ideas floating around my head too many I think and I get quite far then lose inspiration, I think planning and developing the storyline is the key as is making notes that make sense when you read them back another problem of mine! You should definitely go for it even if I don't take my own advice about regrets I'd like to think someone else will x

    ReplyDelete

I'd really love to hear from you , whether you choose to follow or just drop by for a read , so say Hi and let me know what you think, really I'm asking!

Go on you know you want to!