Tuesday 26 April 2011

ELF make-up

Well my daughters swear by ELF - eyes,lips and face, I thought mainly because they're teenagers and it's cheap but given the present economic climate I thought why not give them a go!

The site offers their basic, eyes, lips, face line all priced at just £1.50! Studio range, which in mostly priced at £3.50 and their mineral range priced between £3.00-£5.00 all well below usual cosmetic prices.

I placed my order on a Friday evening and by Monday I'd received a text(great service) telling me that my order had been dispatched and by Tuesday it had arrived! Very impressive delivery time!

I ordered a tinted moisturiser with SPF20, a mascara, 2 nail varnishes, a facial whip and using an offer code the entire order with a free lip gloss and free delivery came to, wait for it, just £11.50 absolutely amazing, I usually pay that for the mascara alone but would the cheap prices yield results?

The packing was nice not at all cheap looking, though not entirely sure about the blister packaging on the £1.50 items but in fairness what could I hope to expect for £1.50.


The tinted moisturiser I ordered was from the studio line and I was pleasantly surprised it went on easily and gave a lovely light finish, offered SPF 20 protection which is a great bonus for those of us who forget sunblock on a daily basis and only remember when it's hot and it made my skin look fresh and healthy so very impressed with this, I would give this a 9/10.

On to the mascara, again from the studio range this was supposed to give you length and volume unfortunately this was no where near as impressive as the tinted moisturiser it didn't lengthen or add volume even after 2 coats all I ended up with was sticky clogged eyelashes, I'm actually wondering if the mascara was at it's best as it was rather thick and clumpy, overall I'm afraid to say I wasn't very impressed and would give this just a 2/10


And now the nail varnishes theses were absolutely lovely! I chose a nude and a smoky brown priced at just £1.50 each, they both look fabulous on the only down side they chip quite easily but for one days wear well worth it and these I would also give a 9/10 mainly for the colour and ease of application.


Then there was the facial whip, this is a creme designed to use on as eyeshadow, blush and lip colour and priced at just £1.50,I chose the shade citrus, this gives a shimmery almost frosty finish great as an eyeshadow, quite nice as a lip gloss, but as a blush I found it a little too shimmery for my liking but I imagine on younger skin it would be lovely at 39 I prefer something a little more subtle. I would give give this a 7/10.



And last but by no means least my free Gift! now everyone loves a free gift and this was no exception, now usually I'm not a fan of lip gloss, I don't like that sticky feeling that you sometimes get but this one wasn't too bad and the shade 'mauve luxe' wasn't one that I would have picked but I actually really like it! it smelt lovely and had a nice taste, no I didn't eat it, you all know what I mean and it wasn't too sticky all in all a pleasant surprise and I would give this a 8/10

My overall experience with ELF was a positive one, would I order again? for certain items, yes. I would like to try the Mineral range so if someone from ELF happens to read this and would like to send me some to try, I'd be more than happy to review it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd really love to hear from you , whether you choose to follow or just drop by for a read , so say Hi and let me know what you think, really I'm asking!

Go on you know you want to!