Monday 6 June 2011

Raspberry and Amarreto cheesecake

Now as I've mentioned before,I'm not really a measurer (is that even a word?), I make recipes up as I go along and quite often adapt them to use what I have in the house and this is how my now favourite baked cheesecake recipe came about, I fancied cheesecake but I didn't have enough digestives and I wanted to make it a little bit alcoholic ( who in their right mind wouldn't ) and the only alcohol that I had that I thought would give a nice flavour was Disaronno! This is how I cook! I hope it works for you if not, do what I do......make it up as you go along!


the recipe is of course a bit of a guesstimate for some of the ingredients ( I will buy kitchen scales honest ) and it's for a 10 inch spring form cake tin, so you're all clever people adapt it for your cake tins, families etc and I'm sure it will turn out beautifully, do let me know!




Ingredients

200g crushed Amarreti biscuits
200g crushed digestive biscuits
Around 50g of butter, but use your eye it should be enough to keep all the biscuit crumbs together without making it wet.
250g soft cheese
250g ricotta cheese, remember it's up to you you could just use one kind of soft cheese whatever you have or is easy to get.
2 eggs beaten
200g caster sugar
And Amarreto or your favourite alcohol, to taste
Raspberries for decoration, my favourite, flavour also I had them in the fridge! See what I mean!


Turn the oven on to around 170
Grease your cake tin
In a saucepan melt your butter then add your biscuits crumbs, mix until combined then pour into the cake tin, press down to form the base. put in the oven for about 10 minutes while you prepare the cheesecake mixture.

In a bowl the cheeses, the sugar, the beaten egg and your alcohol of choice( if you want to make a plain one just add a teaspoon of vanilla extract) try not to over beat as you don't want the mixture to become too sloppy.


Take your biscuit base out of the oven and pour your cheesecake mixture in on top, return to the oven for around 50 mins. The top should just be turning a light golden brown ,come away from the edge of the tin and perhaps cracked a little on top.

Pop it in the fridge for a few hours to cool down and set properly then decorate as you wish!

we sometimes add popping candy to the decoration its a nice a surprise in the mouth!

Enjoy x

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd really love to hear from you , whether you choose to follow or just drop by for a read , so say Hi and let me know what you think, really I'm asking!

Go on you know you want to!