Wednesday 25 January 2012

Dream a little dream

I had a dream last night, not a Martin Luther King inspirational type dream more your giant space monkeys eating your head kind! but that's another story!

Last night I had the weirdest dream I think I have ever had, no shocking content, so bizarre places, just a really weird dream, I dreamt that I was stood in front of my cooker making gravy and I was whisking away while it gently bubbled when all of a sudden the gravy exploded all over me with such force that I woke up! I kid you not I woke up with such a start! my heart was beating twice as fast it was just well 'weird!'

I have tried to find out what it might mean but can't, the closest I have come is dreaming of explosions can mean that disapproving actions of those connected with you will cause you transient displeasure and loss, and that business will also displease you or it foretells that unworthy friends will infringe on your rights and will abuse your confidence and young women should be careful of associates of the opposite sex and to dream of eating gravy, portends failing health and disappointing business.

So I didn't eat the gravy it just exploded so not quite sure if this is the same but it doesn't sound like its looking good for me!

A few years ago when I was studying we did touch on dream psychology but it was all very Freudian and we all know about those dreams don't we!

A lecturer had once said that we can only dream about things we know, that our subconscious cannot invent something that we have no prior knowledge of. Makes sense and I often make gravy but not once has it exploded!

So if anyone out there has any better ideas please please let me know and I'm curious has anyone else had any particularly weird dreams?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd really love to hear from you , whether you choose to follow or just drop by for a read , so say Hi and let me know what you think, really I'm asking!

Go on you know you want to!