Tuesday 3 January 2012

2012, no really it is!

I've been away a while, not physically but mentally very much so!

I have had so much going on that blogging came bottom of the list of things of importance, my son broke his leg really badly, my daughter has been ill, well actually it's ongoing and has required lots of blood tests and still no real idea why she is constantly ill all we know is her immune system isn't working the way it should and I have found myself so fixated on everything else that somehow I forgot that life actually does go on even with all theses obstacles! Oh but to top it off,the icing on the cake if you will! At the start of December I broke my wrist so severely that for a brief moment the doctors thought the bones might crumble and I could potentially lose my hand! I kid you not! Thankfully thanks to a very able doctor all bones were put back in place and I have a very attractive green cast set in a very peculiar angle and will find out on the 11th how well it has repaired.

These things are sent to try us they say but really I'd much rather not be tested anymore if it's all the same!

So anyway with all of that rambling came the realisation that I can do all the things I want to do and that fixating and worrying about all the things that actually I have no control over really isn't good for anyone , The prayer of serenity comes to mind!



God grant me 
the Serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
the Courage to change the things I can,
and the Wisdom to know the difference;
Living one day at a time; 
Accepting hardship as a pathway to peace;
Taking, as Jesus did, this sinful world as it is,
not as I would have it:

Trusting that you will make all things right
if I surrender to your will;
that I may be reasonably happy in this life
and supremely happy with you forever in the next.
 
The fact that this prayer has also been adopted by alcoholics anonymous also seems quite apt! But seriously though the first few lines do help me.

So basically what I'm really saying is "I'm back!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd really love to hear from you , whether you choose to follow or just drop by for a read , so say Hi and let me know what you think, really I'm asking!

Go on you know you want to!