Friday 30 March 2012

Mind the gap!

So while dancing around my kitchen with my daughters singing at the top of our lungs it dawned on me that apart from the fact that we probably looked and sounded insane that age isn't what it used to be, ok that sounds weird but I'm not quite sure how else to explain it, what I mean is that the age barriers aren't quite as far apart as they used to be and no I'm not talking about young mums, I'm talking about our mental and physical attributes!

I'm 40 but I love many of the same things as my teenage daughters, I'm talking music, tv programmes, books and to some extent clothes but when I was a teenager I remember those lines like "what are you listening to? That's not music!" "what are you wearing?" and a million and one others of a similar vain and I too looked at my mother and thought there must be some special shop that you only hear about once you've turned forty where all old people go and buy these awful unflattering clothes that are the apparent uniform of the middle aged onwards! But not anymore to some extent fashion is ageless it's more about taste and what we like regardless of our age.

But me I have to practically padlock my wardrobe to keep my daughters away from my clothes, shoes and makeup! Seriously I've thought about dressing like my mother just to keep them away from my stuff!

Times they are a changing!

But why is that? ........ No seriously I'm asking why? Because I can't quite come up with a reason.

Is it because we're living longer?

Or because more people stay at home longer?

Is it because for most of us of my age group we haven't had the same struggles as our parents or their parents?

Whatever the reason I enjoy this closing of the age gap, it means we have more things in common and gives us a closer bond.

Hummm! I wonder if thats why more and more women have toy boys?


Thoughts please?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd really love to hear from you , whether you choose to follow or just drop by for a read , so say Hi and let me know what you think, really I'm asking!

Go on you know you want to!