Sunday 27 February 2011

Sunday bloody Sunday

It's Sunday morning and the sun is actually shining,how long for is any ones guess but at the moment it looks like spring has finally sprung!
The thing about Sunday's is you never quite know what to do with them should they be a lazy day? I wish! With kids that's impossible, a day out with said kids? Sometimes more stress than it's worth, A day of DIY there's always something to do that never quite gets done but for me as I imagine most parents with children of school age it's going to be a day of getting school uniforms ready for tomorrow, cleaning the house, cooking Sunday dinner(my favourite part) and nagging at children to get uniform sorted bags ready and rooms cleaned, ah the excitement, I may just explode! But that my friends is the reality for most of us normal folk and we either embrace it and get on with it or spend the day in moaning and groaning about all that has to be done! For me I intend to embrace it, the sun is shining, my family is healthy and for the most part happy so I'm going to cook Sunday dinner.... Roast pork with crackling,roasted root vegetables and lovely spring greens with lemon puddle pudding for desert, with a nice glass of wine in hand and I'm going to remember to count every single one of my blessings no matter how small. And if anyone is reading this and feels a little less than happy make the lemon puddle pudding it is so delicious I promise it will put a smile on your face!

Lemon puddle pudding

Ingredients

50g butter
200g caster sugar
Zest of 1 lemon
100ml lemon juice
3 eggs separated
50g plain flour
250ml milk


Heat the oven to 180c/gas 4, cream the butter, sugar and lemon zest until pale and creamy then add the egg yolks, flour lemon juice and milk and mix together until you have a smooth batter.
In a separate bowl whisk the egg whites until firm but not stiff and then fold into the batter.
Pour into a buttered ovenproof baking dish and put it in a roasting tin half filled with hot water.bake for 45 minutes until the top is lightly browned and set and there is a gooey lemon curd below. Serve hot with cream or even on it's own . It really is delicious the recipe I've done serves 4 so if you have a large family like mine or you just feel greedy double the recipe but you only need to increase the cooking time by about 5 minutes , hope you enjoy and it brightens your Sunday. *


* Disclaimer : Emma_ps would like it known that she is not usually one of those bright breezy positive people and 'those people' do in fact freak her out but with all that is going on in the world at the moment she thought what the hell lets try this positive thing!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd really love to hear from you , whether you choose to follow or just drop by for a read , so say Hi and let me know what you think, really I'm asking!

Go on you know you want to!