Friday 25 May 2012

TV or not TV

A lot has been said over the past week about the amount of television we allow our children to watch and how it's all too easy to use the television almost like a babysitter to keep our children entertained while we get on with things in other words lazy parenting! But I'm sure all of us at some point have been guilty of using it to keep the little ones occupied when we need 5 minutes and lets be honest there are some programmes that are educational and I don't think in moderation it actually does any harm

So by fortuitous conincedence and to the benefit of my blog, thanks to a little glitch in our tv screen our tv has gone off to be repaired leaving a nice big 42 inch gap on the wall well except for the ugly wall bracket and the small patch of paint that shows the previous colour of my living room! and it could take up to 10 days to get back to us!


The shock , The horror!.....first thought was move the tv out of one of my daughters rooms then I thought, No, let's see how things pan out with out the television and so far we're on day 4 of no TV and I have to say I like it!


Even the little one who I thought would be asking for Octonauts or Dora the explorer by now doesn't seem to miss it in fact I have to say we've all been interacting a lot more and getting a lot more done!

Now the question is what's it going to be like when the TV comes back? I'd like to think that it's not going to be switched on unless they want to watch something in particular and only then for the duration of the programme but is that wishful thinking?

How about you, how much is too much? And could you manage without a television?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd really love to hear from you , whether you choose to follow or just drop by for a read , so say Hi and let me know what you think, really I'm asking!

Go on you know you want to!